top of page


We have over 45 years experience within the building industry. We provide a cost effective alternative for both Domestic and Commercial customers to obtain professional quality plans and drawings for all your needs.

Our area covers Merseyside, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire and North Wales.

Home: Welcome


Great Partnerships

These are the services that we provide:


Fully detailed plans prepared for:-
    •    Single/Double Storey extensions
    •    Kitchen extensions
    •    Garages/Porches
    •    Conservatories and Orangeries
    •    Loft Conversions
    •    Landscaping
Why not get your whole house drawn professionally, showing all elevations and plans and frame it, to keep in your home or office.


Existing and proposed plans prepared for :
    •    New interior fit outs
    •    Office partitioning
    •    Furniture Layouts
    •    Fire requirements
    •    Landscaping
    •    Car Parking
We can advise or put you in contact with local fit out contractors or Builders


Costs vary depending upon the the content of each individual project. As an approximate guide :

A simple single storey extension would start from £680

A two storey extension start from £780

Garage or conversion £550

Porch £350

Commercial rates would be on an individual basis.


Quotations given will include:

    •    Site visits and surveys

    •    Preparation of drawings

    •    Application to your Local Authority.

Prints will be charged extra depending upon how many 'you' the client require.

Local Authority fees are not included but must be paid by you when drawings are submitted.

Home: Clients



Drawings are required for both Planning and Building Control approval by your Local Authority for most alterations and additions to a building. They are also a must have item when approaching prospective builders for quotations.

How we can make it easier for 'you' the customer? Knowing where to start and dealing with Local Authorities can be a nightmare for people and in some cases prevent you from going ahead with the project.

We can take all that away.

From the moment you contact us we will provide everything from the initial consultation through to getting the written approvals. All the boring form filling will be done by ourselves.


Call us or use our contact sheet and we will arrange a suitable day and time to visit you at your home or workplace. Day or evening from 8.00am to 10.00pm including weekends.

There will be a free consultation with you to discuss your proposals and advice when necessary. You will then be given a fixed price quotation for the drawing work at the time of the visit.

If this is acceptable we will survey your property while we are there or arrange a more convenient date. Depending on the size of the project, drawings would be completed between 7 and 10 days.

A copy of the drawings will then be sent to you to view the proposal before completion.


When you are completely satisfied with the drawings we can proceed to the next stage. At this point you will receive from us A1 copies of the proposal to enable you to obtain quotes from builders.

If the drawings are for Planning and Building Regulation approval we will obtain the necessary forms and prints and submit them on your behalf to the relevant council departments.

Our work is only complete when permission is granted, and we will deal with both Planning and Building Control matters should the need arise. When written permission is received you can then proceed to start work with your builder.

Home: Featured Work


15 Millfields, Eccleston, St Helens WA10 5NS, UK

01744 611140 / 07551 316 517

Thanks for submitting!

Blueprint Design
Home: Contact
Home: Testimonials

I would like to say that DP Design Services was extremely helpful with choices when planning my new extension and the alterations both inside and outside my bungalow. 
He was polite, and listened to both my husband and myself regarding our ideas and also input his own ideas.
He has also been helpful after the plans have been passed with any enquiries I have considered again, and not just ignored us.
This counts for a lot in todays climate.
Thank you for providing me with exactly what we wanted for a larger family home.

Julie and Keith Pooley - St Helens



The list below is a basic guide to proposals that may need planning permission under planning legislation.

  • Erection/Extension of a building - residential/commercial/ industrial.

  • Changing the use of buildings or land.

  • Erection of a boundary fence/wall.

  • Works to form an access to the highway - creation of a vehicular footpath crossing.

  • Display of advertisement.

  • Works to protect buildings or trees.

Planning control can be complex and subject to change. Before embarking on your project you can check one of two ways if you need planning which are:

  • Talk to your local planning officer, explain what you want to build and where you want to build it. They will advise and tell you if planning is required, or

  • Access the planning portal via your PC or laptop ( This is an excellent interactive website and easy to use.

If your proposal requires planning permission a formal application is required. There are different application forms for different types of applications but the two most common fall under the following headings:

Householder - Any extension to a dwelling house.

Full - All other types of development, changes of use, industrial development, and erection of dwelling houses.

Other types with more specialist application forms include :

  • Advertisement consent

  • Agricultural determinations

  • Certificate of Lawful development

  • Listed buildings/Conservation area consent

  • Consent to fell/carry out works to trees protected by tree preservation orders.


The Building Regulations are in place to ensure all building work, structural alterations, drainage, insulation, fire safety, access etc are all to the national standards to protect the consumer.

After ascertaining if the project requires planning approval or not, it will be necessary in most cases to apply for Building Regulation approval under the full plans or Householder procedure.


On submission of the drawings a fee will be required, payable to either the Planning or the Building control, or both in some cases.

We will advise you what this fee will be.


When all approvals have been received in writing you will be able start on site. (Average time for approval is 6 to 8 weeks).

Various inspection stages will be carried out by your local Building Control Officer on site to ensure on your behalf that all works are being carried out to the drawings and specifications.

A fee will be required by the Local Authority for these inspections.This fee is based upon floor space created.

Again we will advise you on this amount.


As part of the service we feel it necessary to make you aware of 'Party Wall Act 1996'. In general terms the act says, where you intend to build adjacent to the boundary between your property and an adjacent property, you are legally obliged to serve notice in writing on the owner of the adjacent property outlining the nature of the proposed work.

You must serve this notice one month prior to work starting on site.

Where the work involves an excavation within 3 metres of an adjoining property and below the adjacent properties foundation, or any part of the new building encroaches on the boundary, you must obtain permission in writing from the owner of that property.

Any disputes that may arise under the act, it must be dealt with by a Party Wall Surveyor independent of 'DP Design Services'.

This act applies throughout England and Wales and provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes relating to Party Walls, Boundary walls and excavations.

Home: FAQ
bottom of page